Windows is one of the most popular operating systems and that’s why you have numerous options to select the best VPN for Windows. Almost all the VPN services are compatible to the Windows system but is it intelligent to select a VPN randomly without any prior investigation?
The selection of Windows VPN is more complex because this operating system has increased chances of risk and vulnerability. There are certain features of Windows that could pose risk to your privacy and security even with a VPN. Therefore, it is necessary to buy a Windows VPN with features that evade the risk possibility on your PC or other device. To resolve the complexity in finding best VPN for Windows, we have tested and monitored VPNs with Windows compatibility.
Being Windows compatible is not a big deal; however, the necessary thing is that a VPN should provide specific security features which take them to the list of best VPN for Windows.
5 Best VPN For Windows Operating Systems
Table Of Content:
Most Critical Issues of Windows
The research analysts of IBM have got a big vulnerable issue of windows on his May 2014 research. In this vulnerable issue, a hacker can easily install any program in your devices, also can change or remove your data and finally can create a new account with his full right on it. Microsoft also consents with this issue.
You can easily evaluate the density of this vulnerability when you will give your look on CVSS (Common Vulnerability Scoring System) rate and this rate is 9.3. You may become more shocked when you can know that it continues from Windows 95.This vulnerability can affect all versions of Windows – Windows 7, Windows 8 & 8.1, Windows 10, Vista and others.
Besides this, the newly released Windows 10 has a series of vulnerabilities that can be easily exploited. Most of these issues are security related and Microsoft is working on fixing them, but new ones are still being discovered. This is absolutely normal given the fact that we talk about a new OS that was just launched.
However, before the security issues, Windows 10’s structure is the main problem, and there are two main issues to consider before even thinking about using this OS:
- Collection of data – Windows 10 was created to collect your data! Just like Google is trying to gather as many details about your life so it can personalize the ads system, so does Windows with Cortana and tailored adverts.
- DNS leaks – this issue was fixed now, but in the first few months, many VPN users were completely cheated by Windows 10. In the name of a faster web performance, Windows sent DNS requests to all available sources at the same time. This made the VPN useless as the ISP was able to see and register whatever the user was doing online.
Nowadays, the OS is a bit more secure, but we still recommend finding the best VPN for Windows as a precautionary method.
Why use the best VPN for Windows?
The most important concerns when it comes to finding a VPN service are privacy and security. Privacy is important to a personal computer user as regardless of your personal online activities, they are yours and no one else should be snooping around. In a world where the Internet is found on every personal device (tablets, smartphones, Smartwatches, PCs, consoles, and even TVs) we must make sure our personal data are safe and secure.
Also, these days, working from home is an ascending trend and more and more Windows users use their computers to connect to their office from a remote location. If the company doesn’t make sure its employees have the best VPN for Windows, this could lead to complete and utter destruction. Such connections are extremely easy to penetrate if they are not protected by a powerful VPN service.
How to select the best VPN for Windows?
Regardless of the fact that you are using Windows for personal activities or for work, you must make sure you select the best VPN for Windows. First of all, before even thinking about a certain producer, you must make sure the software supports your OS. Still, don’t be too worried as most modern VPNs support Windows and its latest versions.
Next, you must consider the number of servers and the speed it allows for browsing. Remember, the larger the covered area, the more online streaming services you will be able to unlock. The client interface must be easy to use and understand and each server should allow users to test the speed.
And, lastly, make sure the VPN service has a great customer support team. This way, in the case something happens, you will be able to solve it fast and with the minimum amount of frustration.
Best VPN for Windows – Solve vulnerability of Windows
Best VPN for Windows is the most effective solution to solve all the vulnerability issues of Windows. Because when you using a VPN for Windows, all data are highly encrypted through their different protocols. Since all data are bypassed through a secured tunnel no one can be able to access your data. Not only that, you can also ignore the snooping eyes of different intelligence authorities and unblock all geo-restricted content across the world. Actually, you are completely protected with Windows, when you are using the best VPN for Windows.
How to Setup a VPN Connection on Windows 7, 8 & 10
- Step 1: At first go to the Start Button and type “VPN” in the search bar. Then you press on “Set up a virtual private network (VPN) connection” under the Control Panel.
- Step 2: Then put IP Address and domain name of the network that you want to be connected. In this case, IT administrator of your connection can give actual address, if you are connected to the work network.
- Step 3: Now if you don’t want to connects to the VPN network, rather want to setup the VPN connection click on “Next” button.
- Step 4: Next you need to enter your credentials – Username and password. But you can keep it blank now since you are asked to be connected again.
- Step 5: Go to the “Control Panel”and select “Network and Internet” option. Then press on “Network and Sharing Center” button and from that option select “Change your Network Settings” and “Setup a New Connection or Network” respectively.Then select “Connect to a Workplace” and press ”Next” button.
- Step 6:These options you will find if a custom connection is configured through the “Network and Sharing Center”. Otherwise, you need to click the “Next” option and choose “No, Create a New Connection”, then again press on “Next”.
- Step 7:Then click on the “Use my Internet Connection (VPN)” option. Now you need to put your “Internet address” and “Destination Name” that are provided by your ISP.
- Step 8: Now you can see 3 options in the screen, from there check the box which states “‘Don’t Connect now, just set it up so I can connect later” and click “Next”.
- Step 9: Enter “Username” and “Password” that you have got from the VPN service provider and if you wish to save the password, then click on “Remember this Password”. No need to fill the field of “Domain”. Now Close the window and continue.
- Step 10: Now you can see the new connection of your VPN service is available on the network icon of System tray. So click on this icon to be connected.
- Step 11: To select your desired protocol, go to the “Properties” option and from that choose “Security Properties”. Now select the protocol which one you prefer and click “OK”.
- Step 12: Finally, click on the “Connect” button and be safe and secure from the hackers and spammers.
Windows 8 and 8.1
- Step 1: Go to the Start menu and choose “Settings” option from the “Places” section.
- Step 2: Click on the “Network & Internet” and select “VPN” from the left pane.
- Step 3: Now click on the “Add a VPN connection” and fill up the blank box of VPN provider, Connection Name, Server name or address, Type of sign in info – Username and Password providing exact information.
- Step 4: Then check the box of “Remember my sign-in info” on your personal computer and click on “Save” button.
- Step 5: Now the VPN connection has been created and go back to the “Network and Internet” screen.
- Step 6: Click on the newly created VPN connection and press on “Connect” button if you want to be connected with VPN connection now. If you wish, you can configure your VPN connection more, going to the Advance Settings.
- Step 7: When you close all the window, you can easily make the VPN connection from the Network icon in System tray.
Short Review Of 5 Best VPN For Windows
#1 ExpressVPN-Extremely Secure VPN for Windows:
ExpressVPN is ultimate choice for your Windows OS as it provides high-end security offers all security protocols and fool-proof anonymity with No log policy which battle of rapidly evolving cyber threats and privacy intrusion policies, being a British Virgin Islands company it is exempted from the Data Retention laws of US and UK which mean unlimited access to more than 100+ servers in 78+ countries in all main regions of the world. Customer supports staff is vigilant 24/7 via live chat and email ticketing support to help you resolve any issues while using the service and the best part is 30-Days Money-backGuarantee which facilitates your decision-making for selecting the best VPN for Windows.
|30-days Money Back Guarantee||No Free-Trial Version|
|Strong No-Log Policy|
|100+ Servers in 78 Countries|
|Vigilant Customer Support Staff|
|3 Simultaneous Connection|
|Extremely High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits|
|24/7 Live Chat Support|
|P2P File Sharing allowed on many servers|
|Offers Anonymous Payment method|
|Compatible with all Devices|
PureVPN– Recommended VPN for Enhanced Windows Security
It has been 10 years of the consistently high-quality performance of Pure VPN in the VPN industry. It has a mission to provide the bestsecurity layer with high-speed connection performance to its VPN user with reasonably low price packages. Pure VPN With more than 500 servers in more than 140 countries, provides you the choice to connect with many active servers from anywhere anytime with many distinctive features like split tunneling, internet kill switch, NAT Firewall & Web protection, stealth VPN Browser, Many Simultaneous logins, dedicated IP & Dedicated Streaming, DDoS Protection.Pure VPN is compatible with all types of devices and OS like iOs and Android users can install Pure VPN apps specially built for them. It can be a reasonable choice as you Windows VPN.
|Good Security by all Security Protocols||Doesn’t offer OpenVPN Protocol|
|500+ Servers in 140+ countries||No Free Trial|
|5 Simultaneous Connection Logins|
|Enhanced Anonymity while Torrenting& P2P File Sharing|
|Torrenting& P2P File sharing allowed on many servers|
|7-days Money Back Guarantee|
|Military Grade Encryption Protocol, SSTP, PPTP, L2TP|
|24/7 Customer Support|
PIA VPN– A Secure Choice for Torrenting& P2P File Sharing
- 3750+ Servers in 77+ Countries
- Complete Anonymity 100%
- No-log Policy
- 7-days Money Back Guarantee
- Secure Payment Method, Bitcoins Available
- 5 Simultaneous Logins
- Compatible with many Devices
- Encryption Protocol of OpenVPN 256-bits
- Live Chat Customer Support Option
- Reduced Speed Problem occasionally
Private Internet Access (PIA) VPN service has millions of satisfied users globally reason is their best quality service performance and outstanding features with best pricing plans with $6.95 a month. With always increasing cyber threats your Windows are vulnerable to online threats and needs a superlative security protection of PIA VPN, It has highly protected data encryption mechanism which ensures ultimate anonymity and full privacy over the internet and keeps all evils away from your windows OS. More than 3000 servers in 77 plus countries make it the best connectivity options for users to connect and access Torrenting and P2P file sharing websites with a fast download and upload speed with complete anonymity and unblock all your favorite streaming websites and channels.Although PIA VPN doesn’t offer any free trial or demo so have to sign up for the PIA VPN service and in case it doesn’t meet your needs you can get your money back by its 7-days money back offer.
Although hackers and spammers can access to the operating system of Windows, but you can protect your all sensitive data of your devices with the help of Best VPN for Windows.It hides your actual location by providing another location’s IP address. So, it is no issue to use this user-friendly operating system on your PC, Smartphones or tablets. Best VPN For windows also allow you to stream & downloading or torrenting anonymously while VPN is connected.