In the modern world, many businesses, including ourselves, use the internet and internet-connected services on a day-to-day basis. A Business VPN service can not only help protect your data, but it will also provide you with a host of additional functions.
SMEs have been the quickest to take up the perks off the internet, with telecommuting and global working on an exponential rise. While working from coffee shops, hotels, etc. has plenty of benefits, this also puts users and businesses at more risk. Luckily, a VPN will help protect your employees and provide them additional benefits as well.
As a side note, I will be discussing commercial VPN services in this article. This is as opposed to VPNs that allow employees to remotely and securely connect to the company networks. If a remote access VPN service is what you’re interested in, then I’d recommend visiting Cisco VPN.
I will discuss all of the advantages and disadvantages at the end of this article. If pricing is crucial to you, then make sure you read the section about this, as it might influence the provider you finally opt-in with.
Business VPN Advantages at a Glance
- Testing: Allows you to check that location targeted tools work correctly
- Social Media: Allows subtle management of social media accounts with different IPs hence no repercussions from making continued requests from a single IP.
- SEO: Manage location based results and SEO bids more efficiently
- Security: Provides better protection for your systems which is of particular importance for business communications
- Management: Allows you to manage the VPN service more effectively than if all employees were using individual accounts
- Travel: Guarantees access to internal/external platforms worldwide even on mobile platforms
- Competition Analysis: Allows you to monitor your competition without raising suspicion
- Content: Easier access to international content that is otherwise inaccessible
Without further ado, let us look at the best business VPNs available on the market today.